The Hotel Adlon is a legendary hotel in Berlin. It is located in Paris Plaza, at the end of the prestigious Unter Den Linden. The first Hotel Adlon was built in 1907 in the original place of the Redern Palace. Lorenz Adlon was a businessman and his hotel became one of the most famous men in Europe before World War II. Charlie Chaplin and Marlene Dietrich stayed there and since it stands right next to the American, French, Russian and English Embassies, it was a favorite place for journalists too. It remained open during the war and served as a military hospital but it burned down in 1945. What they rebuilt it in 1997 after the reunification of the two countries, it was a great success.