The Royal Palace (Palais Royal in French) is a palace with gardens located north of the Louvre Museum in Paris. Originally it was called Palais Cardinal was erected by order of Cardinal Richelieu. Despite its name, kings never resided here. Its construction was commissioned by Cardinal Richelieu to the architect Jacques Lemercier. Construction work began in 1624 on the Hôtel de Rambouillet. The building was then known as Palais Cardinal (the palace of Cardinal). Richelieu had the painter Philippe de Champaigne come to decorate, and ended up bequeathing the palace to the French crown. After the death of Louis XIII, it became the home of the Queen Mother, Anne of Austria, Cardinal Mazarin and the young Louis XIV. At this time the building was named the "Royal Palace". Later, the Palais Royal became the Paris residence of the Dukes of Orleans.
The Luxemburg PALACE is a BAROQUE STYLE building, built in the seventeenth century. Commissioned in 1615 by Marie de Medici the architect Salomon de Brosse, because he was "tired" of palaces built at Kings franceces like and wanted a palace more like the ITALIAN STYLE. He missed his palaces in TUSCANY REGION, home and was tired of the intrigues of the LOUVRE. He purchased these lands, then outside the urban area of Paris, where he built "his palace in the Italian style" .... It is now the seat of FRENCH SENATE.
Originally a hotel built in 1624 by Mesme Gallet, this property passed through the hands of several owners and underwent reconstructions in 2000 and became the Centre des monuments nationaux, which manages 100 national monuments. It comprises: an information center, library, garden and greenhouse, beautiful!