The Confitería Las Violetas is a famous bar, teahouse and confectionery located at the corner of Rivadavia and Medrano in the Almagro neighborhood of Buenos Aires. It belongs to the group of "Bares Notables" of the city. It was inaugurated on September 21, 1884 and remodeled in the 1920s. It has decorated windows, curved glass doors, French windows and Italian marble floors. In 1998 it was declared a site of cultural interest and was subsequently restored between January to June 2001. Wooden coverings were restored as well as chandeliers and the ceiling. The original floor was unrecoverable but another was built respecting original colors and forms. Fortunately the facade was fully recovered and kept its original materials.