Almost an exact replica
Located in an old quarry, which previously provided building stone, and surrounded by luxuriant vegetation, the block was donated in 1937 by Dr. Norberto Peralta Ramos of the Religious Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence. The design and execution of the Grotto were made famous by the architect Luis Cossa. The grotto is almost an exact replica of the original in France, together with the Via Crucis at the entrance to the left, and the mysteries of the Rosary to the right. Both culminate in the beautiful Chapel that is integrated with the outdoor Grotto presiding over which is the crowned image of the Virgin on the altar with inlaid onyx and majolica and with the 18 apparitions of Our Lady of Lourdes.