Defense on the coast
Located on what is known as the Hill of Collioure, the Fort Sant Elmo dates from 1542. It was built by the Spanish Emperor Charles V and defended the coast of the territory of the monarch. The fort can be visited between the first of April and September 30, and has been restored through the XVI century military heritage reconstruction programme. Inside is a room dedicated to Charles V and the other to Vauban.