Fort Cochin's first boutique hotel
The Malabar House is located in the historic center of Fort Cochin, next to the St. Francis Church and the beach with the Chinese fishing nets. In 1755, the Dutchman Jan Herman Clausing bought the property and later handed it over to a group of spice and tea merchants and bankers. In 1996, it became Fort Cochin's first boutique hotel with just 17 rooms decorated with antique furniture and works of art. The bathrooms are not bad but for this type of hotel, they should be modernized a bit. It has a very good restaurant with gourmet dishes. The Wi-Fi is pretty bad, and only works well at the reception.