Cathedral constructed in 1895
A few steps from the Old Courthouse in Schoelcher Street, is Romero Square, where the Cathedral of San Luis can be found. It was constructed in the year 1895 by architect Henry Piq (designer of the Schoelcher Library), although it was reconstructed over the years as it suffered avatars (earthquakes, hurricanes, fires ...). It has a metal frame, which highlights its windows giving natural light, and a high tower completed in peak needle. The highlight of the inside (apart from the brightness) are the murals and frescoes that decorate the walls and ceilings and a body that presides over the altar.