The Main Theatre can be found at the end of Calle Mayor, next to the Aurora Fountain (or, la Fuente de Aurora). The theatre was inaugurated in 1893 for the festivities of San Mateo, although the stone arcades on the ground floor are additions that were made in the recent reform that was designed by Antonio Riviere Gómez in 1991. The theatre has two storeys and its facade is painted the color of a green cake and topped with a triangular shaped pediment. It's municipal property and cultural, theatrical and musical performances take place in it, but it's also used as a movie theatre. It has a 391 person capacity.