The Roman bridge under which the river Eygues passes was opened in 1409 by the Bishop of Vaison, the people to whom Nyons was bound by his parish. The bridge allowed the inhabitants spend the medieval old town across the river to travel or cultivate the land. There was a guard system on each side and had to pay a toll to pass. The toll tower is no longer in the center of the bridge. The removed in the nineteenth century. In the limbs were also two chapels, San Sebastian and San Sixth. Construction on the bridge began in 1340 to make this arc of 43 meters long and 18 meters high. Although the Eygues river is very strong and has taken other bridges in its strong currents, it hasn't yet been able to take this 14th century bridge.