St. Stephen's Cemetery
St. Stephen's Cemetery was built in 1833 on the outskirts of the city, next to the Convent of San Francisco, when burying the dead inside of churches was banned. It's a neoclassical style area, delimited by a wall of high-rise masonry opening a cover formed by a semicircular arch topped by a pediment with an inscription and the image of a winged angel. The interior layout was created around a large square that's surrounded by galleries with a central chapel. Previously this was the same place as the Church of St. Stephen, which gave its name to the cemetery, but it was destroyed in 1808 by French troops.