Castelo de Paderne was built by the Moors (twelfth century) and Arabs (fourteenth century) and according to historical data was inhabited until the sixteenth century, now only some ruins remain. By the archaeological discoveries made it was presumably a fortified village. In 1248 it was conquered by D. Paio Peres Correira, that's why the flag of Portugal is one of the castles that appears. It has been a Property of Public Interest since 1971. Little is preserved and the walls and a tower are in very poor condition of. The data correspond to the Parish Council of Paderne.