Cathedral of Calparaiso
Built in neo-gothic style from the years 1930 until 1950, it had to be reconstructed after the earthquakes of 1971 and 1985. It is situated on the side of the Plaza de la Victoria, in the town of El Almendral. In the crypt, in a marble urn, is the heart of Diego Portales Statesman. There is also is an original painting by Moretto, a carved picture of the Virgen del Carmen and an ivory crucifix carved (without arms) . There is also a silver shrine and a traditional organ inside.