a square in the historic city center of Malaga
La Plaza de la Constitución is a square in the historic city center of Malaga, Spain. It's the old Plaza Mayor, during the Nasrid period it was already a main square, known as La Plaza de las Cuatro Calles or Plaza Público. It was renamed to La Constitución in 1812, but historical it's constantly renamed: From De la Libertad, de la República Federal, del 14 de abril and de José Antonio Primo de Rivera, until democracy when it was renamed de Constitución. In the nineteenth century, it underwent some modifications, several buildings were demolished and houses were built with shopping malls like Pasaje de Heredia and Pasaje de Chinitas.