Lighthouse of Lekeitio
The Lekeitio lighthouse is located on a cliff near Santa Catalina. It is 46 meters high and was built in 1862. In 1935 its reach was improved to 12 miles. Located in a frequently fogged up area an electric siren with 6-mile radius was installed in 1956. A 24 mile range was achieved by the installation of electricity in 1957. The lighthouse is located on a hillside and often endures cold and wet weather as well as sea spray from the waves.