Colony House Museum
Built in 1936 by Irene Palmer and Oscar Beylund is The Colony House Museum. In 1994 an effort was made to restore and convert it into a museum. Colony House is located in the Historic District of Palmer and reflects how early settlers lived. 204 families were moved during what they called the reforestation project, to create a farming community.