One of Anchorage's few historic buildings
This building was the original Town Hall of Anchorage. It was built in 1936 to hold the mayor's office, the police station and jail, as well as the public library and fire station. Now it is where the offices of the Anchorage Convention and Visitors Bureau are located. It is between Peratrovich Park and the Tourist Centre. There is a statue dedicated to William Seward, who made the deal with the Russians for the United States to buy Alaska. This building is one of the very few of historical interest in the city.