This church is also known as the Church of the College. The Jesuits instituted a school in churches and then the project of building a church was born, originally dedicated to St. Ignatius of Loyola. In 1579 the architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni started the project and in 1982 agreed to the restoration of the church. In 1728 he was consecrated to the Immaculate Conception of Mary, the Virgin. This church is the only example of architecture of the Counter-Reformation churches, with the perfect correspondence between the interior and exterior lighting. Inside, the nave has three chapels on each side.