It is sitated in the heart of the city. From the thirteenth century, this place has been the location of the market, a major tourist spot and now the location of many café terraces. Other highlights apart from the City Council is the fountain of the two students kissing. This statue was designed by Mati Karmin and installed in 1998, but people have accepted it as a symbol of the city. All of the buildings in the square suffered in the 1775 fire. Nearby is the tilted house and souvenir shops.