Lublin historical monument is a neo-Gothic tower 40 meters high, named Trinidadian from the parents who lived in the old convent of the Society of Jesus. It is the bell tower of the Cathedral of Lublin and its bell, the biggest one in the city city, is called Mary and only sounds on solemn days. It is also home to the Diocesan Museum and one of the most characteristic structures of the Stare Miast .
The station building was inaugurated in the year 1877, with the Vistula River Railroad. It is 1 of the busiest stations in the country of Poland, with over 50 departures on a normal day. After the reconstruction of Poland in the year 1918, the station was reconstructed in the 1920s to give it a more polish vibe, as opposed to the original building, which was like a traditional station of the Russian Empire. Recently the station has been completely renovated. Because of this, it is now one of the best stations in Poland, according to Gazeta Wyborcza, which gave it 2nd place in the ranking of the 23 most important railway stations in the country.
It took us a lot to find the Cathedral in Lublin they were renovating it and had put a tarp on the outside, but the interior is amazing! There were fully painted frescoes in every corner and even in the columns, there is a place for the church that is not painted, pink, blue and gold, is really beautiful!
Along with Alcala de Henares, it is a candidate for European Capital of Culture in 2016. With more than 350,000 inhabitants is the 9th biggest city in Poland. One of the biggest Jewish communities in the country was established there, until the Nazis destroyed it, mostly in the Majdanek concentration camp. Jews came to the city from all over the world to study the Talmud and the Cabala, to be called the Oxford Jewish Lublin. The historic center is nice, full of cafes and restaurants and in the afternoon there is a lot. There are music festivals, theaters, cinemas ... Lublin Castle has a great location, high on a hill and from there you see a lot of the city. The area close to the bus station is not recommended, especially at night, but downtown feels safe.
Lublin Castle is a medieval castle close to the old town and city center. On the hill where there was a wooden castle in the 12th century. This was the first castle of Lublin. One was made of stone in the 13th century and part of the structure is still preserved. Following the wars in the 17th century, the castle was damaged. Only the oldest sections, the keep and the chapel stayed intact. Afterwards, Lublin came under Russian rule after the Stanisław Staszic initiative. A full reconstruction in English neo-Gothic style began between 1826 and 1828. The castle was used as a prison for the next 128 years: as a Tsarist prison from 1831-1915, in independent Polish prison from 1918-1939, and its most infamous time during the Nazi occupation of the city from 1939 to 1944, when it housed 40,000 to 80,000 prisoners, many of them Polish resistance members. Shortly before withdrawing in 1944, the Nazis murdered the remaining 300 prisoners. After 1944 the castle was a prison used by the Soviet secret police. In 1954 the Castle prison was finally closed. Afterwards it was reconstructed and rehabilitated. It has been the headquarters of the Museum of Lublin since 1957.