I've visited Mackinac Island many times with friends and family. It is not only beautiful, but fun, too! An interesting thing about the island is that there are no cars ... so people use horses and bicycles for their transportation. Mackinac Island is a small island (8 miles round), but there are many opportunities to have adventures there. Here are some of my favorite things:
1. Rent a bicycle to ride around the perimeter of the island. Because the island is only 8 miles around, you can complete the "journey" in an hour or an hour and a half. During the trip, there are many opportunities to stop to enjoy the beautiful views of the lake and the "Mackinac Bridge".
2. The main street of the island has many shops selling delicious sweets and ice cream. I like to buy the two at least once during my time there. :)
3. The island has a greenhouse that is filled with a variety of beautiful butterflies.
4. Mackinac Island has an ancient fortress, and you can take a tour of it. Also, there is a restaurant where you can sit and have a great view of the lake around the island.
5. A variety of restaurants on the island. One of my favorite places is called "Pink Pony Bar and Grill". They serve great steak.