This historical monument in the old center of Lyon was the former home of Change, built by Gourdet 1631-1634 and amended in the second half of the eighteenth century by Soufflot (the 5 arches of the current form are the work of Soufflot). It was donated by Emperor Napoleon in 1803 for Protestant worship. The grandstand, the part of the balconies, was added in 1822. Before then it was the realm of financial and European traders ve came from all over to attend the fairs of Lyon, (very important trade events for the entire region). In the sixteenth century it was so important that it was necessary to construct this building.