One of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Transylvania
This church is one of the most important buildings of the city and is considered one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Transylvania. It isin the central Unirii Square, next to the Mattias Corvinus Statue, and was built between 1350 and 1487 in where the Chapel of St. Jacob once stood. Outwardly the high tower of 80 meters high (the highest in Transylvania), topped with a cross, is most noticeable. It is the newest part of the church, as it had to be rebuilt in 1860 after a fire, it is neo-Gothic and initially had planned two towers, but only built one. Throughout its history, the church was used as a temple of different religious beliefs, but is now it's Catholic.