The Câmara Municipal de Barcelos (Town Hall) is at Largo do Municipio, opposite the Mother Church and the Monument to Antonio Barroso. It is a lovely and grand building with two stories. Its main facade has a gallery of arches on the ground floor and multi-paneled windows at the top. Outstanding in height and scale are the two towers, which houses individual shields and clocks in the city, and topped with pinnacles. In fact, the building we see today is the result of the union of several held in the year 1849: The old Hospital of the Holy Spirit over the Chapel of St. Mary of the 16th century, the tower and the House of the House XV , the former Mercy Hospital from the 17th and Palace Council from the 19th.