Run by the House of Mercy
Another of the many churches in Braga, in the historical center, on the back of the Cathedral, that's been declared Property of Public Interest (IPP). Built in 1562 but completely renovated in the eighteenth century with Baroque additions and the main facade is Florentine Renaissance style. Opposite the main entrance is a stairway flanked by Ionic columns with a shield, though this entrance is usually closed - the entrance is on the side facade. The interior is quite ornate, contains numerous Baroque gilded carvings and the highlight is the main altar, by Marcelino de Araújo. It also has an important roof that's composed of more than 35 panels of polychrome and gilded wood.