Leeds Town Hall
Leeds Town Hall is a Grade 1 listed building and was built by Cuthbert Brodrick after a competition to build the Town Hall was held in 1852. The Town Hall was opened by Queen Victoria in 1858 and is home to an impressive 3-manual organ, the largest of its kind in Europe, built by Gray and Davidson.
Leeds Town Hall is one of the largest town halls in the United Kingdom and one of the eighth tallest building in Leeds. It was opened by Queen Victoria, highlighting its status as an important civic structure. Today the town hall is mainly used for concerts and formal civic functions. It is the setting for the Leeds International Pianoforte Competition. The Leeds International Film Festival screens many of its films in the there each year.