It is perhaps the most spectacular and impressive building of the whole city, and is fully lit at night. Its construction, in Neo-Renaissance and classicist, began in 1907, and continued until 1936, a demonstration of great political instability of the city and the country over these decades. Most people will remember on television images of protesters surrounded the building in 2000, to demand an end to the power of Milosevic. Today the building is part of the Parliament of the Republic of Serbia, and is used for institutional ceremonies.
The ruins of the radio and television headquarters caused by the NATO bombing of 1999 has become a memorial: the headquarters of the new station was constructed next to the old, which was destroyed by bombs. In front, in a green area, there's a plaque with the names of 16 journalists who lost their lives on that tragic night of April 23.