Is considered to be the landmark of Warsaw and the highest building in Poland. It was commissioned by Stalin as a "gift from the Soviet people".
It hosts a multiplex cinema, 4 theatres, offices, bookshops and the biggest Polish casino.It is a well-known attraction for tourists, as it offers a panoramic view of the city.
This palace is today the seat of the Polish Academy of Sciences. It was built in 1820, but the building was totally destroyed in 1944 and was rebuilt in the years 1946-1950. The most characteristic feature of this building is the monument that presides over the entrance, Copernicus, surrounded by planets, whose orbits are marked on the ground. It is one of the most beautiful buildings on the street (which is saying a lot because there are a lot of palaces and churches there) and at night it is even more impressive.
This palace is located just opposite the Warsaw Opera, Grand Theatre Wielki. It was built in the years 1773-1785 by Antoni Jabłonowski and in the early nineteenth century was transformed into the city council. It underwent various renovations, adding balconies on the upper floors. The tower has 3 watches on its different faces. In September 1939, the President of Warsaw directed the defense of the city against the Nazis from here. It suffered extensive damage after German attacks. In 1995, the government conducted a thorough reconstruction of the building, during which the main façade was rebuilt according to the way it was before 1936, but the rest was done in a more modern style .