St. Stephen's parish, in the center of Massanes, dates from 1086. Initially it belonged to the Monastery of Sant Cugat and in 1093 became the property of the Monastery of San Salvador de Breda. The old church was destroyed by Napoleonic troops in 1808. The city and church were rebuilt after 1814. The rector of the parish also offers Eucharistic celebrations and services in the parish of Grions and Gaserans.