The Igreja do Desterro (Church of Exile) is located on the exit towards Balsemao and has been declared a Public Interest Property (IPP) [/ b]. It was built in 1640 on the site where previously, there was a chapel dedicated to Nuestra Señora del Exile. The church was founded by Fray Luis Álvores of Távoras. The main facade is granite, which highlights the portal, and is framed by Corinthian columns and topped by a curved pediment on which there is the shield of its founder. It's also topped by a pinnacle housing a niche with the Virgin's image. The bell tower is attached on its right side. The most striking thing is its interior, because all the walls are entirely covered with gilded carvings by the hands of Manuel Martins, Manuel Gouveia and Manuel Machado in the 18th century, and are regarded as the Treasure of Portugal [/ b].