Former Seminary Building
The Old Seminary building is one of the highlights of Plaza de Camoes, opposite the Palace of Justice and the former Bishop's Palace. The building was commissioned in the fifteenth century by Bishop Manuel de Noronha to house the College of San Nicolás. In 1800 Bishop João Binet made it the Seminary Pincio, but it's now a military building with the headquarters of Regiment Infantry n º 9. It's 2-storey, U-shaped and is accessed via a wrought iron gate with the coat of arms of Bishop Antonio da Trindade de Vasconcelos Pereira de Melo, made from a cast by Manuel de Almeida.