The Old Hospital of Caridad is a building built in the late eighteenth century. In the nineteenth century, the village was subjected to an epidemic of yellow fever and the hospital later also served to welcome the wounded from the War of Independence. In 1831, it was used to detain and serve the Liberals involved in Manzanares expedition who were shot in Los Barrios. It was also instrumental during the War of Africa. Today, it is home to those retired from Los Barrios. In the late nineteenth century, dances were held during the fiestas in its ground. Then, it was turned into the school building. Now, after a restoration, it has been the Pensioner's Home since 1981, retaining its stone facade, the beautiful and elegant vault of the old church, as well as the spacious gallery arches on the side of what was hospital courtyard .